- Water District – Recently completed projects with the District which included Needs Assessment, Requirements Definition, Use Case/process and IT governance for IT infrastructure upgrades (Wireless, LAN, Voice and Unified Communications). Role focused on project management and technical oversight of vendors deploying 802.11 to support voice, new LAN infrastructure including configuration review, cloud-based voice deployment and carrier management for porting of numbers. Subsequent to this project, Mr. Stein was asked to provide a business continuity plan for the District’s Emergency Operations Center.
- Statewide assessment, business case development and IT organization/governance model for optimizing use of video conferencing, collaboration and IP transport for entire state government, K-20 distance education and telemedicine. As part of the governor’s taskforce, led workshops with many diverse constituencies that had a vested interest in the project’s outcome. Recommendations were accepted by the governor and funded by the legislature.
- Statewide Gas and Electric Utility – Recently completed an engagement that discovered, documented and prioritized the voice and Unified Communications requirements of business units and IT, developed budget model, authored rfp and led evaluation team for this approximate 10,000 user state-wide utility. This included identifying dependencies such as Training/Adoption, LAN upgrades, SIP Trunking, dialing plan and mobility. Awarded follow on project to assist the utility with replacing an aging Turret Dispatch system that includes IP Telephony, SIP and Radio systems integration.
- LAN/NMS/Wireless/Security needs assessment, requirements definition, budget forecasting, design, procurement and project management for the California State University (CSU) Chancellor’s Office; the largest public university in North America (23 campus system, 300,000 network ports, management systems, wireless, firewalls and IPS/IDS); As part of this project, conducted needs assessment at Sonoma State University for network and operational management. Acted as technical advisor and project manager for the CSU providing Operational Engineering assistance while managing several CCIE’s deploying the network infrastructure.
Mr. Stein was also asked to lead an effort to define the requirements and develop specifications for converting the state-wide video conferencing network for all public education in the State of California (K-20). This federated system includes the CSU, University of California, California Community Colleges, State Office of Education and CENIC.
- County Government – Consulting engagement manager for developing detailed plans for countywide-wide data center supporting all departments. Led Needs Assessment discussions and workshops with key departments to determine requirements.
- Cities and Municipal Government – Led consulting team for a variety of IT infrastructure projects to determine city-wide requirements, provided budgetary guidance, developed specifications (RFP) for various procurement initiatives.
- Universities – Conducted several projects for these three CSU campuses including network design, IP Telephony assessment, Voice RFP and procurement management. Oversaw implementation as a project manager/technical advisor for Chico State and Fresno State.
- School District –Project Principal and senior consultant to assess District’s 87 schools, develop recommendations, plans and E-Rate applications. Project successfully obtained over $17 Million in E-Rate funding. Oversaw Implementation.
- Municipal government – designed, specified and managed design/build team for City’s 2,000 square foot data center. Facility was a 100-year old historic landmark building that required asbestos abatement and additional regulatory approvals. Managed migration of development, test and production environments. This included Operational and Engineering oversight for server and network operations.
714 420 5733